Beary Social ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ


We BEARLY talk. #got it #pun it

Social Affair

Croissant Affair @ Social Affair


Truffled Spaghetti @ Social Affair

Mini LEGO Figures @ UPO Coffee

Mocha Affogato @ UPO Coffee

Finally, going out with my high school buddies today. And, . . . I was driving! Got lost going to PIK hahaha I know, it's literally just a highway away from Kelapa Gading but still. Had a pretty good laugh about it since we almost reached Daan Mogot, where my other friend lives. Anyway, we tried on this (maybe, I think) new coffee shop / restaurant called the Social Affair. Their food was good, really. Especially the Croissant Affair. The pork ragout was very tasty and the bacon was huge. The place itself was nice, and it was quite crowded despite the holiday. The empty chairs pictured were at around the time we left, which was hours after the lunch time when it got a bit quieter. 

That wasn't the only place we went to today. I had always wanted to try UPO Coffee, so since my friend tried the coffee at Social Affair and wasn't really impressed by it, I asked them to go to UPO afterwards to try the coffee there. Not my favorite though, since I like it sweet but the coffee was too strong (double shot espresso) that the taste of the ice cream could not overcome the bitterness. At least the place was adorable. You gotta go to the second floor to get this vibes. The first floor has an entirely different feel and look. The second floor is also where the infamous UPO bear was located. 

It was predictable, however, that this place was full and the bear was in somebody's table. What we didn't expect was that it was really acceptable and tolerable to just ask to get the bear from somebody's table and go crazy with it. I witnessed it myself that two beautiful ladies asked the person at which the bear was sitting to just take a picture with it, at her table. Then another group of women moved the bear to their table and started taking numerous pictures with it. We were kinda shy at the beginning, but towards the end of our visit, one of my friends took the bear (it was seated at an empty table cause the last owner left) to our table. So might as well take pictures with it too, right ;) I guess apart from the bear story, this place has a cool wall decoration pictured above. A series of frames with mini LEGO figurines with it, placed on the walls right to the stairs. 

Until next time, then!  

Social Affair
Ruko Garden House Blok B No. 17-18A
Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta 14460

UPO Coffee 
Jl. Marina Raya Blok H No. 79
Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta 14470

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.