"Let that be enough"

12:53 AM
The Scripps Pier // La Jolla, CA 
This piece is exactly what I need at the moment and I totally recommend reading it when you have time: To Anyone Who Thinks They're Falling Behind. Here are some excerpts from the essay, (that I almost quoted everything because Idk it just spoke to me) 

"Life! Remember life? Yeah, it teaches you things and sometimes makes you go the long way around for your biggest lessons. You don’t get to control everything."
"It’s the basis of presence: to show up as you are in this moment and let that be enough."
"Most of our unhappiness stems from the belief that our lives should be different than they are. We believe we have control — and our self-loathing and self-hatred comes from this idea that we should be able to change our circumstances, that we should be richer or hotter or better or happier."
"Give yourself permission to trust that"

Sometimes (most of the times), it is hard to accept that things did not go according to our plans. At least for me, I always feel under pressure and it sucks. One thing that my mom always told me is to surrender to His plans and keep praying. Tbh, its easier said than done. But I guess, it's the only way to survive, by learning how to accept things as they are and keeping the faith. I still need to learn to trust the struggles and always be grateful. It is very selfish of me to feel this way for all the blessings that I received and all the sacrifices that my parents have done for me. 

This also adds to the preach that I listened to during the Ecumenical service today (because it was Ash Wednesday; the start of Lent). It really touched me. She reminded us to stop trying to achieve perfection and accept the flaws and mistakes that we did and forgive ourselves. It did not mean that we justified our mistakes, it just meant that we accepted that we are human beings that sinned and flawed. 

Anyway, Idk why I'm doing this. Nyaw, ok bye. May this 40 days of penance brings reconciliation and new hopes ✞

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.