Best Desserts in San Diego (So Far)

12:05 AM
There's always room for dessert, right? ;) It is something that I'm looking forward to after every meal nyam, such a guilty pleasure. Here are some of my favorite desserts in San Diego so far:

1. Yodel at Juniper and Ivy 
Yodel 
Hands down the best dessert I have ever had in SD. It is like heaven for chocolate lover. It is a mixed of devil's cake, white chocolate, hazelnut brittle, and strawberry. Then, they also add hot chocolate on top upon serving when it will melt the top part and let you crack into the inside. Yum Yum! You must try this omg. I went there a couple times and tried other desserts as well, but don't! The other desserts were just okay, better double the yodel if you are coming with a big party. 

2. Butterscotch Pudding at Bankers Hills Restaurant
Butterscotch Pudding with Creme Fraiche, Pecan Toffee, and Shortbread Cookies 
The best part of this dessert is actually the shortbread cookies! It melts in your mouth yum! Enough said. 

3. Tiramisu at Buca di Beppo 
Tiramisu (haha sorry for the messy picture) 
Buca di Beppo has the best tiramisu, I'm telling you. It "features homemade ladyfingers soaked in dark rum and espresso, layered with sweetened mascarpone cheese and topped with cocoa and crumbled hazelnut biscotti". Doesn't the description make you drool already? <3 

4. Pizookie Party Platter at BJ's Restaurant
Pizookie 
I guess it stands for pizza cookie? The biggest contribution to my freshman "15", I guess. Sadly, the restaurant closest to UCSD closed last year so no more pizookie but omg its a cookie in a size of a pizza topped with ice creams. Served hot ahh perfecto. If I am not wrong, pictured is cookies and cream, double choco, white chocolate, and chocochip flavored cookies topped with vanilla ice cream. 

5. Blueberry Bread Pudding at Cafe 21 
Seasonal Bread Pudding
The flavor changes, I think, and we got blueberry bread pudding served with vanilla ice cream (?) I forgot but it doesn't really look like vanilla ice cream now. I just remembered this was the only dessert that I took picture of at Cafe 21 because I really liked it lol. 

"Honorable Mention": Everything at Extraordinary Desserts 
Black Velvet Cake (?)  - forgot the actual name of the cake 
Brownies (?) - forgot the actual name of the cake 
One of the very first dessert places that I visited in San Diego. My aunt first took me there when I arrived in SD, and I have been taking friends who came to SD here so I have tried many of their cakes, such as bread pudding, creme brulee, flour-less chocolate cake, etc. Their cakes are beautiful (decorated with flowers - edible I believe) and if you eat it in the restaurant (as opposed to have it to go), they will plate your cakes with sauces (and ice cream, upon request I think). This is just one of the places that you must visit to San Diego, but honestly, their cakes are too sweet for me. I like it still but you have to share otherwise it's hard to finish it by oneself (imo k). 

Happy drooling! ;p 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.