Where Tom Meets Autumn

8:03 PM
Entrance of the Bradbury building 
Inside of the Bradbury building // Italian Renaissance Revival styled
Skylight // Natural lighting from the sun
Stuck in 1984 // pc: Patricia Dewi
Weekend getaway to LA because it is Week 9 and I needed one. We were planning to go to The Broad Museum (AND Los Angeles County Museum of Art - LACMA) and the Bradbury building, but for a reason I will talk about in the next post, we did not end up going to LACMA. Fortunately, we came through another place instead (accidentally!) 

I knew that I wanted to go to Bradbury building because the facade and interior were visually appealing but I did not notice that this is the same building where Tom Hansen met Autumn in the final scene of (500) Days of Summer! Figured this out when I googled about this building later that day. Here is a snippet from the movie:

Image taken from here
It is walking distance from the Grand Central Market (in fact, it is right across it), as well as from the Broad. The building was a national historic landmark. It is the city's oldest land-marked building, being built in 1893. It has been used as an office building; however, the first floor is open for public (aka tourists). 

While finding a way to get to Grand Central Market from the Broad, we passed through a fenced park. I felt like this park was very familiar and when I saw the sign that this was Angel's Knoll, I was very excited because I knew this was Tom's favorite place haha. Sadly, the park is permanently closed so we could only look from outside. 

Angel's Knoll from above // "Days (95) and (488): Tom's favorite place becomes one of Summer's too"
 Here is a scene from the movie at this place:


Gif taken from here 
What a coincidence that it could actually be a (500) Days of Summer - shooting locations trip :p 

Bradbury Building 
304 South Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90013


Angel's Knoll 
365 S Olive St
Los Angeles, CA 90013

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.